BROWNWOOD, Texas - January 25, 2013 – The exciting conclusion of Thursday's Howard Payne University Lady Jackets basketball game against Concordia University Texas was featured on ESPN's "SportsCenter" segment "Top Ten Plays" Thursday evening, coming in at number 10.
HPU's Tresta Donahoo, a junior from Early, made the final shot as time expired in overtime to give the Lady Jackets a 79-77 victory over visiting Concordia.
HPU student Molly Marriott, a senior from Corpus Christi, captured video footage of the game-winning play. Eric Villy, a senior from Paradise, shared the video with ESPN via Twitter, resulting in its airing on the national sports program. In addition, a number of Yellow Jacket fans shared their excitement on Twitter, Facebook and other social media networks.
Infomation provided by HPU athletics department.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck