BROWNWOOD, Texas - January 25, 2013 – The exciting conclusion of Thursday's Howard Payne University Lady Jackets basketball game against Concordia University Texas was featured on ESPN's "SportsCenter" segment "Top Ten Plays" Thursday evening, coming in at number 10.
HPU's Tresta Donahoo, a junior from Early, made the final shot as time expired in overtime to give the Lady Jackets a 79-77 victory over visiting Concordia.
HPU student Molly Marriott, a senior from Corpus Christi, captured video footage of the game-winning play. Eric Villy, a senior from Paradise, shared the video with ESPN via Twitter, resulting in its airing on the national sports program. In addition, a number of Yellow Jacket fans shared their excitement on Twitter, Facebook and other social media networks.
Infomation provided by HPU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated