SEGUIN, Texas - The Howard Payne men's basketball team late run came up short and the Yellow Jackets fell 66-62 to Texas Lutheran University Saturday evening at Memorial Gymnasium.
Texas Lutheran used a run in the closing minutes of the first half to secure a 36-24 halftime advantage.
The Jackets battled hard in the second half but would only be able to pull within six twice through the come second half. HPU made a real game of it in the final two minutes making it a three point game on a three-pointer with 35 seconds left.
Howard Payne full court pressure was unable to come up with the needed turnovers in the final seconds and TLU would hold on for the 66-62 win.
finished with 14 points and six rebounds for HPU. had 13 points and added 11 points and a game high 13 rebounds.
TLU was led by Justin Lindsey with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Brendan Holderread had 11 points and Brandon Potts and Thomas Verm each added 10 points.
The Yellow Jackets are now 5-15 overall and 3-11 in conference. TLU stands at 6-15 overall and 4-11 in ASC play. Howard Payne will continue their road trip playing at Schreiner University in Kerrville on Saturday at 3:00 pm.
Information provided HPU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated