MIDLAND, Texas - Merkel girls basketball advanced to the 2013 state tournament with a 48-30 win over Wall in Midland.
The second ranked Lady Badgers made it all the way to the state semifinals after being eliminated in the area round of the 2012 playoffs.
The win improves Merkel head coach Clay Barnett's record to 96-7 with the Lady Badgers.
Merkel will face Poth in the state semifinals Friday at 10:00am at the Frank Erwin Center on the campus of the university of Texas.
GIRLS CLASS 1A
Triple A Academy 42, Goldthwaite 30 (Final)
Highland 47, Garden City 29 (Final)
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth