MIDLAND, Texas - Merkel girls basketball advanced to the 2013 state tournament with a 48-30 win over Wall in Midland.
The second ranked Lady Badgers made it all the way to the state semifinals after being eliminated in the area round of the 2012 playoffs.
The win improves Merkel head coach Clay Barnett's record to 96-7 with the Lady Badgers.
Merkel will face Poth in the state semifinals Friday at 10:00am at the Frank Erwin Center on the campus of the university of Texas.
GIRLS CLASS 1A
Triple A Academy 42, Goldthwaite 30 (Final)
Highland 47, Garden City 29 (Final)
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire