STAMFORD, Texas - Stamford head coach confirmed with KTXS that his son Hagen Hutchinson will sign with Midwestern State in Wichita Falls.
Hutchinson, and teammate Roy Alaniz will sign their letters of intent on Wednesday which is national signing day across the country. Alaniz will sign with Hardin-Simmons.
Hutchinson lead Stamford to the 1A divison one state championship back in December at Cowboys stadium. Hutchinson became the first player ever to earn both the most valuable offensive and defensive player of the game after Stamford's 35-28 over Mart.
The Bulldogs (15-1) returned to Jerry World after losing in the 2011 state finals where they lost to Mason 62-40.
Hutchinson finished the 2012 season with 2,983 passing yards, 46 pass TD, 8 INT, as well as 1,575 rush yds, and 27 rush TD.
Hutchinson chose Midwestern State over ACU, McMurry, Angelo State, and Tarleton State.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend