STAMFORD, Texas - Stamford head coach confirmed with KTXS that his son Hagen Hutchinson will sign with Midwestern State in Wichita Falls.
Hutchinson, and teammate Roy Alaniz will sign their letters of intent on Wednesday which is national signing day across the country. Alaniz will sign with Hardin-Simmons.
Hutchinson lead Stamford to the 1A divison one state championship back in December at Cowboys stadium. Hutchinson became the first player ever to earn both the most valuable offensive and defensive player of the game after Stamford's 35-28 over Mart.
The Bulldogs (15-1) returned to Jerry World after losing in the 2011 state finals where they lost to Mason 62-40.
Hutchinson finished the 2012 season with 2,983 passing yards, 46 pass TD, 8 INT, as well as 1,575 rush yds, and 27 rush TD.
Hutchinson chose Midwestern State over ACU, McMurry, Angelo State, and Tarleton State.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer