STAMFORD, Texas - Stamford head coach confirmed with KTXS that his son Hagen Hutchinson will sign with Midwestern State in Wichita Falls.
Hutchinson, and teammate Roy Alaniz will sign their letters of intent on Wednesday which is national signing day across the country. Alaniz will sign with Hardin-Simmons.
Hutchinson lead Stamford to the 1A divison one state championship back in December at Cowboys stadium. Hutchinson became the first player ever to earn both the most valuable offensive and defensive player of the game after Stamford's 35-28 over Mart.
The Bulldogs (15-1) returned to Jerry World after losing in the 2011 state finals where they lost to Mason 62-40.
Hutchinson finished the 2012 season with 2,983 passing yards, 46 pass TD, 8 INT, as well as 1,575 rush yds, and 27 rush TD.
Hutchinson chose Midwestern State over ACU, McMurry, Angelo State, and Tarleton State.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon