ARLINGTON, Texas - Corey Kluber allowed one run over eight innings and the Cleveland Indians beat the Texas Rangers 5-2 Tuesday night to snap an eight-game losing streak.
The Indians also ended a 12-game road losing streak.
Mark Reynolds had RBI single in the fourth off Derek Holland (5-3) that put Cleveland ahead to stay. Drew Stubbs added a two-run single in the fifth and scored on a single by Nick Swisher, who had only two hits his previous 28 at-bats.
Kluber (4-4) went to Coppell High School, which is less than 25 miles from Rangers Ballpark. The right-hander struck out three with three walks and benefited from three double plays.
Lefty Holland, who pitched a season-low 4 1-3 innings, was 4-0 with a 2.40 ERA in his previous seven starts.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring