ARLINGTON, Texas - Corey Kluber allowed one run over eight innings and the Cleveland Indians beat the Texas Rangers 5-2 Tuesday night to snap an eight-game losing streak.
The Indians also ended a 12-game road losing streak.
Mark Reynolds had RBI single in the fourth off Derek Holland (5-3) that put Cleveland ahead to stay. Drew Stubbs added a two-run single in the fifth and scored on a single by Nick Swisher, who had only two hits his previous 28 at-bats.
Kluber (4-4) went to Coppell High School, which is less than 25 miles from Rangers Ballpark. The right-hander struck out three with three walks and benefited from three double plays.
Lefty Holland, who pitched a season-low 4 1-3 innings, was 4-0 with a 2.40 ERA in his previous seven starts.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed