ARLINGTON, Texas - Corey Kluber allowed one run over eight innings and the Cleveland Indians beat the Texas Rangers 5-2 Tuesday night to snap an eight-game losing streak.
The Indians also ended a 12-game road losing streak.
Mark Reynolds had RBI single in the fourth off Derek Holland (5-3) that put Cleveland ahead to stay. Drew Stubbs added a two-run single in the fifth and scored on a single by Nick Swisher, who had only two hits his previous 28 at-bats.
Kluber (4-4) went to Coppell High School, which is less than 25 miles from Rangers Ballpark. The right-hander struck out three with three walks and benefited from three double plays.
Lefty Holland, who pitched a season-low 4 1-3 innings, was 4-0 with a 2.40 ERA in his previous seven starts.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies