DALLAS - Mike James scored a season-high 19 points, Dirk Nowitzki added 17 and the Dallas Mavericks beat the slumping Utah Jazz 113-108 Sunday night.
Vince Carter and Shawn Marion each had 15 points for the Mavericks, who moved within two games of the Los Angeles Lakers for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Enes Kanter scored 17 points as the Jazz lost their ninth straight on the road.
The score was tied midway through the third before the 37-year-old James keyed a 20-2 run which bridged the third and fourth quarters.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger