The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed receiver Jordan Shipley and waived fullback Will Ta'ufo'ou.
It wasn't immediately clear why the Jaguars needed a sixth receiver, but Laurent Robinson has missed several games because of concussions and appeared to slam his head on the ground late in Sunday's loss at Houston. The Jaguars also have starters Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts III as well as backups Micheal Spurlock and Kevin Elliott.
Shipley has played in 18 games since entering the league as a third-round draft pick by Cincinnati in 2010. He has 56 receptions for 614 yards and three touchdowns. He played in one game with Tampa Bay this season before being waived Sept. 25. In 2010, he led all AFC rookies with 52 catches for 600 yards and three touchdowns.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed