DALLAS - Chris Kaman scored 23 points and had eight rebounds in only his second start for the Dallas Mavericks, who held on for a 107-101 victory over the winless Washington Wizards on Wednesday night.
O.J. Mayo had 25 points as the Mavericks snapped a three-game losing streak since Kaman's only other start.
Washington (0-7) had trailed by as many as 22 points before a 15-0 run in the fourth quarter. Cartier Martin capped that spurt with consecutive 3-pointers, swishing the second from the wing right in front of the Mavs bench and coach Rick Carlisle to get within 88-85. Kaman had a short hook on the Mavs next possession.
Martin made another 3 in the closing seconds, but Kaman had another strong inside move and made the free throw.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot