DALLAS - Chris Kaman scored 23 points and had eight rebounds in only his second start for the Dallas Mavericks, who held on for a 107-101 victory over the winless Washington Wizards on Wednesday night.
O.J. Mayo had 25 points as the Mavericks snapped a three-game losing streak since Kaman's only other start.
Washington (0-7) had trailed by as many as 22 points before a 15-0 run in the fourth quarter. Cartier Martin capped that spurt with consecutive 3-pointers, swishing the second from the wing right in front of the Mavs bench and coach Rick Carlisle to get within 88-85. Kaman had a short hook on the Mavs next possession.
Martin made another 3 in the closing seconds, but Kaman had another strong inside move and made the free throw.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene