BALTIMORE, Maryland - Ian Kinsler capped a six-run sixth inning with a bases-loaded double, and the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-5 Monday night in a rematch of last year's AL wild-card game.
The victory thrust the Rangers 15 games over .500 (52-37) for the first time since May 25. It also improved their road record to 25-18, best in franchise history after 43 games.
Kinsler had four RBIs, including three in the sixth against former teammate Scott Feldman (0-1) when the Rangers turned a 3-2 deficit into an 8-3 lead.
Derek Holland (7-4) allowed five runs, three earned, and 10 hits in 6 2-3 innings for Texas. He struck out Matt Wieters and major-league home run leader Chris Davis three times apiece.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated