BALTIMORE, Maryland - Ian Kinsler capped a six-run sixth inning with a bases-loaded double, and the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-5 Monday night in a rematch of last year's AL wild-card game.
The victory thrust the Rangers 15 games over .500 (52-37) for the first time since May 25. It also improved their road record to 25-18, best in franchise history after 43 games.
Kinsler had four RBIs, including three in the sixth against former teammate Scott Feldman (0-1) when the Rangers turned a 3-2 deficit into an 8-3 lead.
Derek Holland (7-4) allowed five runs, three earned, and 10 hits in 6 2-3 innings for Texas. He struck out Matt Wieters and major-league home run leader Chris Davis three times apiece.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene