DALLAS - Metta World Peace hit three early 3-pointers to spark a Los Angeles barrage from long range, and the Lakers scored 36 points before Kobe Bryant took his first shot in a 115-89 blowout of the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night.
Bryant, the league's leading scorer, finished with 19 once he did start shooting as the Lakers hit the century mark for the first time in four games under hobbled coach Mike D'Antoni.
The Lakers won for the first time in five road games and avoided their worst start away from home in nearly 20 years.
O.J. Mayo, who led the league in 3-pointers going in, was 0 of 5 from long range and finished with 13 points. Vince Carter led Dallas with 16.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor