ALLEN, Texas - ACU senior guard Eric Lawton was voted to the second team all-Lone Star Conference team and earned one of the league's top honors Tuesday night at a banquet where the league announced its honors before the start of the LSC Post-Season Tournament.
Lawton was one of the top scorers in the league in the 2012-13 season, and his play earned him not only second team all-LSC honors, but it also earned him Newcomer of the Year honors. Lawton is the first and only Wildcat men's basketball player to earn the honor in the LSC.
Senior center Steven Werner, who averaged 11.8 points and 6.5 rebounds per game, was named to the honorable mention all-conference team.
Information provided by ACU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated