ABILENE, Texas - Abilene high tennis coach Fred Scott announced his retirement after 16 years at the helm.
Scott was 247-47 as head coach of the Eagles, leading them to ten district titles, 14 regional tournament appearances, and a state title in 1999.
"I'm gonna miss the kids and competition," says Scott. "Comeradery amongst the coaches, and there's a lot I'm that I'm going to miss. But I'm looking forward to going into retirement."
Long time assistant coach Stacy Bryan has been named Scott's successor.
"I have learned so much from coach Scott," says Bryan. "And I have very big shoes to fill."
Bryan spent the last eight years as the Eagles assistant coach.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen