ABILENE, Texas - Abilene high tennis coach Fred Scott announced his retirement after 16 years at the helm.
Scott was 247-47 as head coach of the Eagles, leading them to ten district titles, 14 regional tournament appearances, and a state title in 1999.
"I'm gonna miss the kids and competition," says Scott. "Comeradery amongst the coaches, and there's a lot I'm that I'm going to miss. But I'm looking forward to going into retirement."
Long time assistant coach Stacy Bryan has been named Scott's successor.
"I have learned so much from coach Scott," says Bryan. "And I have very big shoes to fill."
Bryan spent the last eight years as the Eagles assistant coach.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death