DALLAS - Brook Lopez scored 38 points and Deron Williams had 31 in his first visit to Dallas since spurning his hometown team in free agency, leading the Brooklyn Nets past the Mavericks 113-96 on Wednesday night.
Williams scored 26 in the second half, repeatedly hitting shots and occasionally assisting on a basket by Lopez to prevent a Dallas rally in the fourth quarter.
Williams also hit a fadeaway jumper after a blocked shot by Lopez, running to his bench with a big smile after Dallas called timeout with the Nets up 97-88 midway through the fourth. The Mavericks didn't get closer than six after that.
Dirk Nowitzki led Dallas with 16 points and had a team-high six rebounds compared to 22 boards for Reggie Evans of the Nets, who outrebounded the Mavericks 45-34.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching