Louisville guard Kevin Ware has been released from an Indianapolis hospital and is headed back to campus, two days after breaking his right leg during the Cardinals' Final Four-clinching victory.
Ware had been at Methodist Hospital since sustaining the horrific injury Sunday during in the first half of Louisville's 85-63 win over Duke in the Midwest Regional. He underwent surgery to repair compound fractures of the tibia in the leg and is expected to be out a year.
Ware tweeted Tuesday, "Back to my brothers I go," along with a picture of him on crutches as he prepared to leave the hospital.
Louisville coach Rick Pitino says Ware would travel with the team to Atlanta, but it wasn't known if he will be cleared to fly.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene