SEATTLE - Dustin Ackley snapped a sixth-inning tie with his first RBI of the season, rookie Brandon Maurer rebounded from a horrible start to throw six strong innings for his first career victory and the Seattle Mariners beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 on Sunday.
Raul Ibanez added a solo homer as Seattle salvaged a split of the four-game series thanks largely to Maurer (1-2) finally showing the promise he displayed in spring training that earned him a spot in the rotation.
In his first home start last Tuesday against Houston, Maurer recorded just two outs and gave up six earned runs. He was far better on Sunday, allowing five hits and only two runs before turning it over to the bullpen. Tom Wilhelmsen pitched the ninth for his fifth save.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated