PORTLAND, Oreg. - Chris Kaman scored a season-high 26 points and the Dallas Mavericks boosted their faint playoff hopes with a 96-91 victory over the slumping Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday night.
Kaman added 11 rebounds for the Mavericks, who were 2Â½ games back of Utah for the eighth and final spot in the Western Conference, and two games behind the Lakers. Dallas (38-39) has just five games left, but four of those are at home.
The Mavs led by as many as 26 points, but the Blazers closed the gap in the fourth quarter - even after sitting most of their starters.
Will Barton came off the bench with 22 points and 13 rebounds for the Blazers, who have lost eight straight for their longest losing streak since the 2005-06 season.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill