DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks have suspended guard Delonte West for the second time in 10 days.
President of Basketball Operations Donnie Nelson said Thursday that West was suspended indefinitely for unspecified conduct detrimental to the team. Nelson didn't elaborate in a statement issued by the team.
The same reason was given last week when West was suspended for what ended up being about a day.
West has bipolar disorder. He was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2010-11 season after pleading guilty to weapons charges in Maryland. Authorities say he was carrying three loaded guns and a knife when he was stopped for speeding on a three-wheel motorcycle in 2009.
West was a valuable player off the Dallas bench last season.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk