DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks have selected Bucknell center Mike Muscala with the 44th pick in the NBA draft, a choice that's headed to Atlanta in a trade.
A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that Dallas sent the 44th pick and 2012 first-rounder Jared Cunningham to the Hawks for the rights to the 18th choice, Miami point guard Shane Larkin, on Thursday night. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced.
The 7-foot Muscala averaged 18.7 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocked shots per game, leading the Patriot League in all three categories. Bucknell won a school-record 28 games and was a No. 11 seed in the NCAA tournament.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated