DALLAS - Mavericks rookie guard Shane Larkin has a broken ankle and will likely be sidelined until training camp.
Larkin confirmed reports of the injury on Twitter. The former Miami point guard, who was the 18th pick in last month's draft, sustained the injury Friday in the last practice before the team flew to Las Vegas for summer league games.
"Yes it is true," Larkin wrote a few minutes after reports of the injury showed up on Twitter. "But if you think I won't come back stronger ... (than) before then you got the wrong guy."
Larkin has been expected to battle for the backup job behind Jose Calderon, who signed with Dallas as a free agent. He helped lead Miami to the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017