DALLAS - Mavericks rookie guard Shane Larkin has a broken ankle and will likely be sidelined until training camp.
Larkin confirmed reports of the injury on Twitter. The former Miami point guard, who was the 18th pick in last month's draft, sustained the injury Friday in the last practice before the team flew to Las Vegas for summer league games.
"Yes it is true," Larkin wrote a few minutes after reports of the injury showed up on Twitter. "But if you think I won't come back stronger ... (than) before then you got the wrong guy."
Larkin has been expected to battle for the backup job behind Jose Calderon, who signed with Dallas as a free agent. He helped lead Miami to the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade