DALLAS - Mavericks rookie guard Shane Larkin has a broken ankle and will likely be sidelined until training camp.
Larkin confirmed reports of the injury on Twitter. The former Miami point guard, who was the 18th pick in last month's draft, sustained the injury Friday in the last practice before the team flew to Las Vegas for summer league games.
"Yes it is true," Larkin wrote a few minutes after reports of the injury showed up on Twitter. "But if you think I won't come back stronger ... (than) before then you got the wrong guy."
Larkin has been expected to battle for the backup job behind Jose Calderon, who signed with Dallas as a free agent. He helped lead Miami to the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash