ABILENE, Texas - The McMurry University men's basketball program will play their last game of 2012 as it hosts the Eagles of Northern New Mexico College on Tuesday.
McMurry is currently 2-0 in the friendly confines of Kimbrell Arena this year having defeated the University of the Southwest in their home opener before taking down the University of the Incarnate Word, 76-68, in its' previous contest.
In the game against the Cardinals, McMurry benefited from having four different players reach double-digits in scoring. Kenny Williams led the way with 22 points, while Conner Robinson chipped in with his second double-double of the season, scoring 18 and adding 10 rebounds.
The Eagles are currently 4-13 on the season having lost their pervious matchup, an 82-67 decision to Valley City State University. Gabe Martinez currently leads the Eagles in points per game, as the only player in double figures (13.5).
Along with the game tomorrow, there are also two different ways to help out the Abilene Food Bank. First, any fan bringing canned goods or non-perishable food items to the donation box in the lobby of Kimbrell Arena that evening will receive FREE admission!
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't