ODESSA, Texas - After months of searching. the Odessa Permian Panthers have a new head coach.
Blake Feldt was selected by the Ector Country ISD to become the school's twelfth head coach in school history.
The 51 year old Midland native, was a three year offensive line starter at Texas Tech where he also served as a graduate assistant.
Feldt has previously coached at several schools in the college and high school ranks. He's spent time at Appalachian State, Southern Methodist, Breckenridge high school, Hays Consolidated, and Pilot point where he helped the team win a state title in 2009.
Feldt's coaching contract is reportedly a two year deal worth around 118,000 a year.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon