ODESSA, Texas - After months of searching. the Odessa Permian Panthers have a new head coach.
Blake Feldt was selected by the Ector Country ISD to become the school's twelfth head coach in school history.
The 51 year old Midland native, was a three year offensive line starter at Texas Tech where he also served as a graduate assistant.
Feldt has previously coached at several schools in the college and high school ranks. He's spent time at Appalachian State, Southern Methodist, Breckenridge high school, Hays Consolidated, and Pilot point where he helped the team win a state title in 2009.
Feldt's coaching contract is reportedly a two year deal worth around 118,000 a year.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student