ODESSA, Texas - After months of searching. the Odessa Permian Panthers have a new head coach.
Blake Feldt was selected by the Ector Country ISD to become the school's twelfth head coach in school history.
The 51 year old Midland native, was a three year offensive line starter at Texas Tech where he also served as a graduate assistant.
Feldt has previously coached at several schools in the college and high school ranks. He's spent time at Appalachian State, Southern Methodist, Breckenridge high school, Hays Consolidated, and Pilot point where he helped the team win a state title in 2009.
Feldt's coaching contract is reportedly a two year deal worth around 118,000 a year.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday