ABILLENE, Texas - According to multiple reports and sources, Hal Mumme has resigned as McMurry's head football coach.
McMurry officials have confirmed Mason Miller will take over as head coach after serving as an assistant coach under Mumme.
Mumme was 26-17 in four season as McMurry's head coach. He led the War Hawks to a postseason berth in 2011 finishing the season at 9-4.
Mumme sent this message via text to KTXS sports reporter Casey Keirnan, "I stepped aside to let long time asst mason miller be head football coach. I have several opportunities at higher levels. They will happen after sign date."
A press conference to introduce Mason Miller as McMurry's 21st head coach in school history is currently pending.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog