ABILLENE, Texas - According to multiple reports and sources, Hal Mumme has resigned as McMurry's head football coach.
McMurry officials have confirmed Mason Miller will take over as head coach after serving as an assistant coach under Mumme.
Mumme was 26-17 in four season as McMurry's head coach. He led the War Hawks to a postseason berth in 2011 finishing the season at 9-4.
Mumme sent this message via text to KTXS sports reporter Casey Keirnan, "I stepped aside to let long time asst mason miller be head football coach. I have several opportunities at higher levels. They will happen after sign date."
A press conference to introduce Mason Miller as McMurry's 21st head coach in school history is currently pending.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season