ARLINGTON - Jason Castro hit a tiebreaking three-run homer hours after being chosen for his first All-Star team, and the Houston Astros beat Yu Darvish and the Texas Rangers 9-5 on Saturday night.
The catcher's drive just to the right of the lawn in center field came off Robbie Ross in the seventh inning but made a loser of Darvish (8-4), who had a rough night after earning his second All-Star nod in two years in the majors.
The Astros built a 4-0 lead on a two-run homer by Brandon Barnes in the fourth and a two-run single from fellow rookie Marc Krauss an inning later.
Geovany Soto pulled the Rangers even in the sixth, following Mitch Moreland's sacrifice fly, with a three-run homer off Wesley Wright.
Travis Blackley (1-0) got the win with 1 1-3 innings of scoreless relief.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash