DALLAS - Paul George had 24 points and eight rebounds and the Indiana Pacers broke open a close game in the third quarter to beat the Dallas Mavericks 103-78 on Thursday night.
George scored 13 points in the third, including eight in a 20-5 run that broke a tie game at halftime.
The first-place Pacers won their fourth straight and have a half-game lead for the second-best record in the Eastern Conference.
Dirk Nowitzki scored 21 points for Dallas, which remained 1Â½ games behind the Los Angeles Lakers in the race for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store