DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki scored 19 points, O.J. Mayo hit two tiebreaking free throws and the Dallas Mavericks held off a Jeremy Lin-led surge to beat the Houston Rockets 105-100 on Wednesday night.
Lin and James Harden combined to score the last 18 points for the Rockets, who erased an 11-point fourth-quarter deficit and got even at 97. After Elton Brand blocked a layup attempt by Harden, Mayo hit both free throws after getting fouled on a layup at the other end.
Lin had a chance to tie the score on free throws, but missed the second of two. The Rockets got one more chance, but Harden couldn't get a good look at a layup. Nowitzki then hit two free throws for a 101-98 lead.
Dallas won its season-best fourth straight, and the Rockets lost their fifth in a row.
Harden finished with 20 points and Lin had 19.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated