DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki scored 19 points, O.J. Mayo hit two tiebreaking free throws and the Dallas Mavericks held off a Jeremy Lin-led surge to beat the Houston Rockets 105-100 on Wednesday night.
Lin and James Harden combined to score the last 18 points for the Rockets, who erased an 11-point fourth-quarter deficit and got even at 97. After Elton Brand blocked a layup attempt by Harden, Mayo hit both free throws after getting fouled on a layup at the other end.
Lin had a chance to tie the score on free throws, but missed the second of two. The Rockets got one more chance, but Harden couldn't get a good look at a layup. Nowitzki then hit two free throws for a 101-98 lead.
Dallas won its season-best fourth straight, and the Rockets lost their fifth in a row.
Harden finished with 20 points and Lin had 19.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck