DENVER - Corey Brewer scored 23 points and got a hand on Anthony Morrow's last-second shot to preserve the Denver Nuggets' 19th straight home win, 95-94 over the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night.
Andre Iguodala's layup with 2.8 seconds put Denver ahead in a game that Dallas dominated.
The win was bittersweet, though. Denver's dreams of a deep playoff run might have taken a huge hit when they lost forward Danilo Gallinari to what looked like serious knee injury in the second quarter.
Gallinari is scheduled for an MRI on Friday, but if his screams of pain and the blank looks of his teammates after he went down with 4:27 left in the first half are any indication, the Nuggets will head into the playoffs without him.
Brandan Wright scored 16 points to lead Dallas.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend