WACO, Texas - Amath M'Baye and Steven Pledger both scored 20 points and Oklahoma held on for a 74-71 victory at Baylor on Wednesday night to tie the Bears for second place in the Big 12.
Baylor (14-6, 5-2 Big 12) trailed by 16 in the second half before twice cutting the deficit to one. Sooners freshman guard Buddy Hield spun and drove for a bank shot with 1:06 left, and Pledger made two free throws with 8.6 seconds left.
Romero Osby added 11 points for Oklahoma (14-5, 5-2).
Big 12 scoring leader Pierre Jackson had 22 points for Baylor, but missed a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left. Brady Heslip got the ball after the missed shot, and stepped back, but his shot rattled off the rim as time ran out, though his foot might have been on the line anyway.
Isaiah Austin, Baylor's 7-foot-1 freshman, had 17 points and 22 rebounds.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated