WACO, Texas - Amath M'Baye and Steven Pledger both scored 20 points and Oklahoma held on for a 74-71 victory at Baylor on Wednesday night to tie the Bears for second place in the Big 12.
Baylor (14-6, 5-2 Big 12) trailed by 16 in the second half before twice cutting the deficit to one. Sooners freshman guard Buddy Hield spun and drove for a bank shot with 1:06 left, and Pledger made two free throws with 8.6 seconds left.
Romero Osby added 11 points for Oklahoma (14-5, 5-2).
Big 12 scoring leader Pierre Jackson had 22 points for Baylor, but missed a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left. Brady Heslip got the ball after the missed shot, and stepped back, but his shot rattled off the rim as time ran out, though his foot might have been on the line anyway.
Isaiah Austin, Baylor's 7-foot-1 freshman, had 17 points and 22 rebounds.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend