HOUSTON - Carlos Pena hit a three-run homer in the 10th inning, giving the Houston Astros a 7-4 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday.
Carlos Corporan struck out but reached on a wild pitch with one out in the 10th and J.D. Martinez followed with a double. Pena then launched the first-pitch homer off Michael Gonzalez (0-3) to the second deck in right field.
It was a sloppy game that featured six unearned runs and four errors.
Hector Ambriz (2-4) pitched a scoreless 10th to help Houston take two of three in the series.
Corporan tied it with a solo home run in the eighth.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth