Phil Kessel took a feed from Evgeni Malkin and placed a wrist shot by Ottawa's Craig Anderson 13:05 into the third period as the Pittsburgh Penguins evened the Eastern Conference final with a 1-0 victory in Game 2 against the Ottawa Senators Monday night.
Game 3 is Wednesday in Ottawa.
Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 23 shots for his second shutout of the playoffs and 10th of his postseason career. Fleury's 62nd playoff win moved him ahead of Henrik Lundqvist for the most by an active goaltender, according to the Associated Press, ESPN and other news outlets.
The series is tied at one game apiece after Pittsburgh struggled to a 2-1 overtime loss Saturday.
''The third period they stepped it up a notch and we didn't,'' Ottawa coach Guy Boucher said. ''They were surging. They were aggressive. We didn't manage it as well.''
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel