HOUSTON - AL Cy Young Award winner David Price pitched three-hit ball for seven innings in his return from the disabled list and Desmond Jennings homered and drove in four runs as the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Houston Astros for the second straight night, 8-0 on Tuesday.
Price (2-4) had missed the last 44 games with a left triceps strain in his first-ever stint on the DL. But he showed no signs of rust, allowing a season-low for hits with a season-best 10 strikeouts.
Manager Joe Maddon had said he'd be happy to get six innings out of his ace before the game, but Price was so efficient he got through seven with just 70 pitches.
Three relievers combined to finish the four-hitter, a night after the Rays two-hit the Astros.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans