ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre has his quirks.
The Texas Rangers third baseman appeals his own checked swings. The Gold Glove winner really hates being touched on the head, a fact exploited by his teammates.
Beltre can deal with the head taps because he knows they come when he does something good. It happens often for Beltre, who is having another solid season even though he was left off the All-Star team for the first time in four seasons.
Beltre is hitting .316 with 21 home runs, seven of them coming in his 13 games this month. This is his third season in Texas, and 16th in the majors.
Texas returns from the All-Star break at home Friday against Baltimore.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget