ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre has his quirks.
The Texas Rangers third baseman appeals his own checked swings. The Gold Glove winner really hates being touched on the head, a fact exploited by his teammates.
Beltre can deal with the head taps because he knows they come when he does something good. It happens often for Beltre, who is having another solid season even though he was left off the All-Star team for the first time in four seasons.
Beltre is hitting .316 with 21 home runs, seven of them coming in his 13 games this month. This is his third season in Texas, and 16th in the majors.
Texas returns from the All-Star break at home Friday against Baltimore.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated