ARLINGTON, Texas - Martin Perez pitched six-hit ball into the seventh inning and the AL West-leading Texas Rangers beat the scuffling Cincinnati Reds 4-0 on Friday night.
The Reds have lost three in a row, and six of seven. They also have more concerns about right-hander Johnny Cueto (4-2), their opening day starter already on the disabled list twice this season who left after a batter into the second inning because of rightness in his right lat muscle.
Perez (2-1) struck out three in 6 2-3 innings. The left-hander was coming off a win last Saturday at St. Louis, where he allowed runs in each of the first two innings before holding the Cardinals scoreless over his last five innings.
Jason Frasor and Robbie Ross finished off the Rangers' second shutout in a row and seventh this season. Cincinnati was held scoreless for the sixth time.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash