BALTIMORE - The Texas Rangers are confident pitcher Yu Darvish won't be sidelined for long with a strained upper back.
Darvish was formally placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday. The move is retroactive to July 7.
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine said Darivsh was examined by the team orthopedist, Dr. Keith Meister. According to Levine, Meister said the injury "was probably just a little bit of arm fatigue."
Levine says Darvish should return to the rotation after the All-Star break.
In other moves, the Rangers optioned right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A Round Rock and recalled pitchers Joseph Ortiz and Wilmer Font from the same minor league club.
Ortiz (2-1, 5.08 ERA) was with the Rangers twice earlier this season.
Font will be making his first appearance with Texas this year.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget