BALTIMORE - The Texas Rangers are confident pitcher Yu Darvish won't be sidelined for long with a strained upper back.
Darvish was formally placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday. The move is retroactive to July 7.
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine said Darivsh was examined by the team orthopedist, Dr. Keith Meister. According to Levine, Meister said the injury "was probably just a little bit of arm fatigue."
Levine says Darvish should return to the rotation after the All-Star break.
In other moves, the Rangers optioned right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A Round Rock and recalled pitchers Joseph Ortiz and Wilmer Font from the same minor league club.
Ortiz (2-1, 5.08 ERA) was with the Rangers twice earlier this season.
Font will be making his first appearance with Texas this year.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk