ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton will be in the other dugout when the Texas Rangers play their home opener Friday.
Texas is coming off an opening series at Houston, when Yu Darvish was one out from a perfect game and Rangers pitchers struck out 43 batters in posting two shutouts. But so much attention in the first home series will be on Hamilton being in a Los Angeles Angels uniform.
Hamilton was booed in his last game at Rangers Ballpark. That was when he was still with the Rangers and 0 for 4 in their last home game, a 5-1 AL wild-card game loss to Baltimore last October.
Texas scheduled starter Derek Holland says Hamilton was a good teammate.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide