ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have reacquired right-hander Jake Brigham and added him to their major league roster.
Texas also Tuesday purchased the contracts of infielder Leury Garcia and left-hander Joe Ortiz from Triple-A Round Rock, adding them to the 40-man roster.
Brigham was traded to the Cubs on July 31 in the Geovany Soto deal. Brigham, a sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft, was at Double-A Frisco before getting dealt. The Rangers got him back from the Cubs for minor league right-hander Barret Loux and a player to be named.
Also, right-hander Johan Yan agreed to a minor league contract with an invitation to major league spring training. Left-hander Scott Olsen, who has pitched in 130 games for Miami (2005-08) and Washington (2009-10), agreed to a minor league deal.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase