ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have reacquired right-hander Jake Brigham and added him to their major league roster.
Texas also Tuesday purchased the contracts of infielder Leury Garcia and left-hander Joe Ortiz from Triple-A Round Rock, adding them to the 40-man roster.
Brigham was traded to the Cubs on July 31 in the Geovany Soto deal. Brigham, a sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft, was at Double-A Frisco before getting dealt. The Rangers got him back from the Cubs for minor league right-hander Barret Loux and a player to be named.
Also, right-hander Johan Yan agreed to a minor league contract with an invitation to major league spring training. Left-hander Scott Olsen, who has pitched in 130 games for Miami (2005-08) and Washington (2009-10), agreed to a minor league deal.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9