MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Beltre homered and rookie Justin Grimm won his second consecutive start and the Texas Rangers beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Friday.
Lance Berkman, Nelson Cruz and Ian Kinsler each had RBI doubles for the Rangers, who won for the seventh time in their past eight games.
Grimm (2-0) followed up his career-best nine-strikeout effort against the Seattle Mariners by shutting out Minnesota for seven innings, allowing five hits and no walks with four strikeouts.
The 24-year-old right-hander, filling in for the injured Matt Harrison, has allowed just one earned run in his past 15 1-3 innings.
Rookie outfielder Oswaldo Arcia hit a three-run homer off Joe Nathan in the ninth inning after Joe Ortiz allowed a pair of hits, but he got Ryan Doumit to fly out to earn his eighth save.
Scott Diamond (1-2) gave up three runs and 12 hits in 6 1-3 innings as the Twins lost their third straight and were shut out for the second time this season.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued