PHOENIX - Arizona has traded outfielder Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves in a seven-player deal that sends former All-Star infielder Martin Prado to the Diamondbacks.
The Braves also get third baseman Chris Johnson. Atlanta is giving up four minor leaguers in the deal, including top pitching prospect Randall Delgado. The other minor leaguers headed to Arizona are right-hander Zeke Spruill, shortstop Nick Ahmed and first baseman Brandon Drury. Prado, projected to play third base for the Diamondbacks, can become a free agent after this season.
Upton, who has five-plus major league seasons but still is just 25 years old, will join older brother B.J. Upton, who recently signed a free agent contract with Atlanta.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans