ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas Rangers right-hander Nick Tepesch and designated hitter Lance Berkman are headed to the disabled list.
Tepesch, who has inflammation in his right elbow, complained of soreness on Saturday, a day after getting the win in a 10-5 victory against the Houston Astros.
Berkman injured a muscle in his hip and back area in Saturday night's 9-5 loss to Houston. He was removed for a pinch-hitter in the seventh, and said he probably wouldn't be available Sunday.
The Rangers activated right-handed reliever Joakim Soria for Sunday's game against Houston. He hasn't pitched in the majors since Sept. 11, 2011, with Kansas City. Right-hander Cory Burns was brought up from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range