ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas Rangers right-hander Nick Tepesch and designated hitter Lance Berkman are headed to the disabled list.
Tepesch, who has inflammation in his right elbow, complained of soreness on Saturday, a day after getting the win in a 10-5 victory against the Houston Astros.
Berkman injured a muscle in his hip and back area in Saturday night's 9-5 loss to Houston. He was removed for a pinch-hitter in the seventh, and said he probably wouldn't be available Sunday.
The Rangers activated right-handed reliever Joakim Soria for Sunday's game against Houston. He hasn't pitched in the majors since Sept. 11, 2011, with Kansas City. Right-hander Cory Burns was brought up from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash