SURPRISE, Arizona - The Texas Rangers have 36 pitchers in their spring training camp. Many of them are relievers looking for work and that means closer Joe Nathan will be surrounded by some different faces in the bullpen.
Relievers Koji Uehara, Mike Adams, Mark Lowe and Scott Feldman all left in free agency. Left-hander Robbie Ross, who was 6-0 with a 2.22 ERA in 58 relief appearances as a rookie last season, is getting a chance this year to compete for the No. 5 spot in the starting rotation.
Among the additions are Jason Frasor, the former Toronto reliever, and Josh Lindblom, acquired when the Rangers traded Michael Young to Philadelphia.
General manager Jon Daniels says he likes the collection of arms competing for jobs. Their first workout was Wednesday.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account