BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have placed right-hander John Lackey on the 15-day disabled list and activated shortstop Stephen Drew.
In another move Wednesday, they called up right-hander Alex Wilson from Pawtucket. On Tuesday, they optioned shortstop Jose Iglesias to the Triple-A team.
Lackey strained his right biceps against the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday in his first start since major elbow surgery sidelined him all last season. He was placed on the disabled list retroactive to Sunday. Drew was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list. He had been hit in the helmet by a pitch on March 7 against the Minnesota Twins in Grapefruit League play.
Iglesias hit .450 in six games for Boston this season. Wilson was 1-0 with a 10.12 ERA in two relief appearances for Pawtucket.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth