BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have placed right-hander John Lackey on the 15-day disabled list and activated shortstop Stephen Drew.
In another move Wednesday, they called up right-hander Alex Wilson from Pawtucket. On Tuesday, they optioned shortstop Jose Iglesias to the Triple-A team.
Lackey strained his right biceps against the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday in his first start since major elbow surgery sidelined him all last season. He was placed on the disabled list retroactive to Sunday. Drew was activated from the seven-day concussion disabled list. He had been hit in the helmet by a pitch on March 7 against the Minnesota Twins in Grapefruit League play.
Iglesias hit .450 in six games for Boston this season. Wilson was 1-0 with a 10.12 ERA in two relief appearances for Pawtucket.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth