ARLINGTON - Garrett Hartley kicked a 20-yard field goal in overtime, and the New Orleans Saints damaged Dallas' playoff hopes with a 34-31 victory against the Cowboys on Sunday.
Drew Brees threw for 446 yards and three touchdowns and led a drive to the winning kick. The Saints all but clinched it when a fumble by Marques Colston rolled forward about 20 yards to the Dallas 2. Jimmy Graham recovered.
The Cowboys lost despite rallying for two touchdowns in the final 3:35 of regulation. Tony Romo, who threw for 416 yards and four scores, hit Miles Austin for the tying touchdown with 15 seconds left in regulation.
The playoff hopes for the Saints (7-8) ended with Minnesota's victory against Houston. The Cowboys (8-7) had a three-game winning streak snapped and lost control of their playoff fate.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth