ARLINGTON, Texas - Matt Wieters homered, Wei-Yin Chen pitched into the seventh inning and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Texas Rangers 3-1 on Friday night.
Nick Markakis had an RBI double and a home run-robbing catch for the Orioles in manager Buck Showalter's 250th victory with the team since being hired in July 2010.
Showalter joined Joe Torre, Gene Mauch and Dick Williams as the only major league managers to win 250 games with at least four different teams. Showalter also won at least 250 games with the New York Yankees (1992-95), Arizona (1998-2000) and Texas (2003-06), where he was replaced by current Rangers manager Ron Washington.
Left-hander Chen (5-3) allowed only one run and eight hits and two walks over 6 1-3 innings. Jim Johnson worked the ninth for his majors-best 34th save even after allowing a hit and hitting a batter.
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets