ARLINGTON, Texas - Seth Smith homered and scored three times, Bartolo Colon pitched seven strong innings for his first win in nearly a month and the Oakland Athletics beat the Texas Rangers 9-2 on Monday night.
Colon, who turns 40 on Friday, gave up two runs on six hits and struck out three. It was the first win for Colon (3-3) since April 23 at Boston.
Coco Crisp got three hits, and had the first of three straight Oakland doubles in a four-run fifth inning that broke a 1-1 tie. He scored when Yeonis Cespedes hit a line drive just over Adrian Beltre's head with the third baseman playing in, and Cespedes came home on Brandon Moss' line drive to the wall in right.
Josh Lindblom (0-1) lost in his 2013 debut and first major league start.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash