SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and forward Tim Duncan will miss a second straight game after the ailing duo didn't make the trip for Friday night's game at Dallas.
Popovich stayed home sick and Duncan sat on the bench with a sore left knee Wednesday night during San Antonio's 106-102 victory against New Orleans. Longtime assistant coach Mike Budenholzer will again take the helm against the Mavericks.
Duncan is having a resurgent season after a few years of waning production. The 36-year-old is averaging 17.5 points and 9.8 rebounds, his best numbers since 2009-10.
The Spurs have won six straight and are tied with Oklahoma City for the best record in the Western Conference.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger