SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and forward Tim Duncan will miss a second straight game after the ailing duo didn't make the trip for Friday night's game at Dallas.
Popovich stayed home sick and Duncan sat on the bench with a sore left knee Wednesday night during San Antonio's 106-102 victory against New Orleans. Longtime assistant coach Mike Budenholzer will again take the helm against the Mavericks.
Duncan is having a resurgent season after a few years of waning production. The 36-year-old is averaging 17.5 points and 9.8 rebounds, his best numbers since 2009-10.
The Spurs have won six straight and are tied with Oklahoma City for the best record in the Western Conference.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase