SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and forward Tim Duncan will miss a second straight game after the ailing duo didn't make the trip for Friday night's game at Dallas.
Popovich stayed home sick and Duncan sat on the bench with a sore left knee Wednesday night during San Antonio's 106-102 victory against New Orleans. Longtime assistant coach Mike Budenholzer will again take the helm against the Mavericks.
Duncan is having a resurgent season after a few years of waning production. The 36-year-old is averaging 17.5 points and 9.8 rebounds, his best numbers since 2009-10.
The Spurs have won six straight and are tied with Oklahoma City for the best record in the Western Conference.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash