STAMFORD, Texas - Senior Kyle Barnett and Junior Gus West were vital to the Stamford baseball team's 2012 run to the state finals.
Just like 2012, the Bulldog's are undefeated heading into their area round matchup Lockney.
The pitching staff has been brilliant lead by Barnett and West who have started a combined 20 games. The dynamic duo's overall workload has strunk in 2013 with the emergence of Ligon West (8 games started), and Hagen Hutchinson (6 games started) helping carry the load on the mound.
"They'll (Barnett and West) be a huge part of our success," says head coach Lannie Templeton. "With Ligon (West) coming in and throwing as well Hagen (Hutchinson) there's four guys that we can put on the mound and have all of the confidence in the world in."
Stamford faces Lockney in a one game playoff 4 p.m. Friday in Ralls.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store