STAMFORD, Texas - Senior Kyle Barnett and Junior Gus West were vital to the Stamford baseball team's 2012 run to the state finals.
Just like 2012, the Bulldog's are undefeated heading into their area round matchup Lockney.
The pitching staff has been brilliant lead by Barnett and West who have started a combined 20 games. The dynamic duo's overall workload has strunk in 2013 with the emergence of Ligon West (8 games started), and Hagen Hutchinson (6 games started) helping carry the load on the mound.
"They'll (Barnett and West) be a huge part of our success," says head coach Lannie Templeton. "With Ligon (West) coming in and throwing as well Hagen (Hutchinson) there's four guys that we can put on the mound and have all of the confidence in the world in."
Stamford faces Lockney in a one game playoff 4 p.m. Friday in Ralls.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks