SILVIS, Ill. - Daniel Summerhays shot a 9-under 62 on Saturday for a two-stroke lead following third-round play at the John Deere Classic.
Summerhays, whose previous best finish on the PGA Tour was a tie for fourth, enters Sunday's final round at 19-under 194 and in position for his first career win.
Summerhays notched 10 birdies while matching the lowest third-round score in tournament history.
Canadian David Hearn (64) is second at 17 under. Defending champion Zach Johnson held a share of the lead after each of the first two rounds, but he's now alone in third after shooting a 67.
J.J. Henry and Jerry Kelly are tied for fourth at 15 under.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon