SILVIS, Ill. - Daniel Summerhays shot a 9-under 62 on Saturday for a two-stroke lead following third-round play at the John Deere Classic.
Summerhays, whose previous best finish on the PGA Tour was a tie for fourth, enters Sunday's final round at 19-under 194 and in position for his first career win.
Summerhays notched 10 birdies while matching the lowest third-round score in tournament history.
Canadian David Hearn (64) is second at 17 under. Defending champion Zach Johnson held a share of the lead after each of the first two rounds, but he's now alone in third after shooting a 67.
J.J. Henry and Jerry Kelly are tied for fourth at 15 under.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck