DALLAS - P.J. Tucker scored 17 points, including two key baskets in the closing minutes, and the Phoenix Suns pushed the Dallas Mavericks to the brink of playoff elimination for the first time since 2000 with a 102-91 victory Wednesday night.
The Suns blew a 14-point lead in the second quarter and almost did it again in the fourth before hanging on to snap a 10-game losing streak that was their longest in 16 years.
The loss meant a 12-season streak of playoff trips for the Mavericks (38-40) could officially end with a win by the Los Angeles Lakers, who played at Portland later Wednesday.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog