GREENVILLE, S.C. - McMurry University men's basketball senior, Takoby Jackson, has been named to the National Christian College Athletic Association's All-Central Region Second Team, announced the NCCAA on Monday.
Jackson has been a steady hand for the War Hawks this season, as he has averaged 14.1 points and 4.7 rebounds at the guard position this season. Over the course of the year, Jackson has scored over 20 points six times, including a season-high, 27, against Oklahoma Panhandle State. He has also posted two double-doubles this season, which included a 21-point, 11-rebound performance at Tarleton State.
A complete package for the War Hawks, Jackson currently ranks sixth in the Heartland Conference in points per game and 17th in rebounds per contest. He also is 13th in the conference in assists per game (2.2) and ranks second in steals per contest (1.9).
This is the first season of NCCAA competition for the War Hawks who will look to begin a run at the NCCAA regional title next week.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated