GREENVILLE, S.C. - McMurry University men's basketball senior, Takoby Jackson, has been named to the National Christian College Athletic Association's All-Central Region Second Team, announced the NCCAA on Monday.
Jackson has been a steady hand for the War Hawks this season, as he has averaged 14.1 points and 4.7 rebounds at the guard position this season. Over the course of the year, Jackson has scored over 20 points six times, including a season-high, 27, against Oklahoma Panhandle State. He has also posted two double-doubles this season, which included a 21-point, 11-rebound performance at Tarleton State.
A complete package for the War Hawks, Jackson currently ranks sixth in the Heartland Conference in points per game and 17th in rebounds per contest. He also is 13th in the conference in assists per game (2.2) and ranks second in steals per contest (1.9).
This is the first season of NCCAA competition for the War Hawks who will look to begin a run at the NCCAA regional title next week.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account