ABILENE, Texas - A lengthy road trip can't seem to come to a close fast enough for the Abilene Bombers.
After opening up with one of the best starts through five games, the Bombers have dropped two in a row, both during a 3-game road trip.
There's just one more road game left, a visit to New Mexico, before they have a week off.
"We do everything we can to go 1-0 each week," head coach Joe Brannen said.
That's the philosophy Brannen has used this season, a philosophy that has this team focused and unfazed going into the final of three straight away games.
"We are just trying to win the next game on our schedule," Brannen said. "After that one, we'll focus on the next one. We've had a very focused week, they're very intense. I expect that to continue here for the next couple of days before we get on the bus. It's been a good practice week so far."
After the Bombers scheduled game this weekend, they will take over two weeks off. The next scheduled game is on Memorial Day (5/27) against the Venom. That game will be at the Taylor County Expo Center at 6:05pm.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery