ARLINGTON - Lance Berkman, David Murphy and Ian Kinsler homered for the Texas Rangers, who won two of three games in their home-opening series against the Los Angeles Angels after a 7-3 victory Sunday night even though Yu Darvish was far from perfect.
Darvish (2-0) came within one out of a perfect game in his first start five days earlier at Houston, but trailed 2-0 only five batters into his 2013 home debut.
Berkman had a two-run shot in the bottom of the first off Jered Weaver (0-1), and Murphy added a solo shot two batters later to put Texas ahead to stay.
Both starters pitched only five innings. Darvish had a blister on his right ring finger and Weaver had a strained left (non-throwing) elbow when he fell awkwardly diving out of the way of a liner.
Josh Hamilton, booed throughout his return to Texas, had three hits for the Angels.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash