ARLINGTON - Lance Berkman, David Murphy and Ian Kinsler homered for the Texas Rangers, who won two of three games in their home-opening series against the Los Angeles Angels after a 7-3 victory Sunday night even though Yu Darvish was far from perfect.
Darvish (2-0) came within one out of a perfect game in his first start five days earlier at Houston, but trailed 2-0 only five batters into his 2013 home debut.
Berkman had a two-run shot in the bottom of the first off Jered Weaver (0-1), and Murphy added a solo shot two batters later to put Texas ahead to stay.
Both starters pitched only five innings. Darvish had a blister on his right ring finger and Weaver had a strained left (non-throwing) elbow when he fell awkwardly diving out of the way of a liner.
Josh Hamilton, booed throughout his return to Texas, had three hits for the Angels.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family